- What Personal Data we collect from you and for which Purpose (as defined below);
- The measures to safeguard the access to and the security of your Personal Data;
- Which Third Parties may have access to your Personal Data; and
- Your rights to access, rectify, and erase your Personal Data and object to the processing of your Personal Data.
The Organizers offer you the opportunity to enter into the Masterclass during which you will receive preparatory entrepreneurial training in the form of (i) online mentoring, workshops video-classes and tutorials, and (ii) an offline kick-off event and graduation event.
“Masterclass” means the “Scale-up Masterclass” to be organized by the Organizers from April 4 2019 to July 4 2019;
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, and more specifically the information as mentioned under section 3;
“Purpose” has the meaning as set out in section 4;
“Services” means all kind of support measures or facilities related to your application or admission to the Masterclass provided by the Organizers; and
“Third Parties” means any natural or legal person or entity other than the Organizers.
3. Personal Data we collect
We may collect several types of Personal Data from you and store it on our servers such as:
- Contact information (e.g. your name, postal address, e-mail address, fax number telephone number, business locations);
- Contact information of your business partner/co-founder, if any (e.g. name, e-mail address);
- Information on whether or not your business generates revenue;
- Billing information (e.g. bank account number, credit card number,..);
- The profile data provided by you on our Website or by making use of the Services (e.g. professional skills, business experience, date of birth, gender, associations or organizations that you may be a member of, other contact details, main interests);
- Other data relevant to providing you with appropriate services, programs or memberships you require;
- Information in helpdesk support inquiries;
- Web behaviour information such as information related to how you use the Website (e.g. browser type, domains, page views) collected through cookies and other automated technology (section 6 ‘Cookies’).
4. How your Personal Data is processed – Purpose of the processing
The Organizers (i) collect, (ii) use and (iii) maintain the Personal Data provided by you or collected by the Organizers for all purposes necessary to provide you with the Services and to ensure the proper functioning and operation of the Website. These purposes may include (collectively the “Purpose”):
- To provide programs, memberships or benefits to you;
- To process any application, registration, membership, or comment or request you make, including but not limited to the registration for the Masterclass, and/or the registration to receive a poster of the Masterclass;
- To better service your relationship with us by responding to requests that make or aid us in serving you better;
- For subscriptions, entry into competitions, participation in surveys or similar activities;
- Diagnosing possible technical problems and managing technical support and processing inquiries concerning the Services;
- To develop new and or improved services, or offerings;
- Performing data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of Personal Data) and using and sharing the resulting (statistical) data to you for internal purposes;
- The operation, evaluation and improvement of the Website (including the development of additional services, enhancing and improving the current Website, analysis of our Website, quality control activities and performing internal business functions such as accounting and auditing);
- Protecting against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
Furthermore, you agree that the Organizers are free to access, retain, and disclose Personal Data in the following events:
- In order to be in compliance with any applicable legislation or regulations;
- If a law enforcement authority or other government official requests so;
- The investigation of any suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; and
- To protect you or the Organizers’ safety and/or rights.
The Organizers will take appropriate administrative, technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of any Personal Data or its accidental loss, destruction or damage, access, disclosure or use. Furthermore, we will make sure that access to your Personal Data is restricted to persons, employees, associates and Third Party providers who need to know that information in order to deliver our Services, programs, memberships and benefits.
In the event of and following discovery or notification of a breach of the security of the Personal Data, or access by an unauthorized person, the Organizers are required by law to notify you if the breach is likely to affect your privacy.
The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system version, information on actions taken on our Website (such as usage, activity logs and click-throughs), and dates and times of visits. You will always be free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, however please note, that without cookies the Website may not work properly or you may not be able to use all of its features.
7. Disclosure to Third Parties
The Organizes can instruct Third Parties to perform services for them, in which case the parties will draw up an agreement in which they lay down the duties of the service provider with regard to the processing of Personal Data. In this contract it is stipulated that the Third Party will handle any disclosed Personal Data confidentially, carefully, and in compliance with privacy legislation.
When we share your Personal Data with Third Parties that are controllers of that information, they may disclose or transfer it to other organizations in accordance with their data protection policies. This does not affect any of your data subject rights as detailed below. In particular, where you ask us to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your information, we take reasonable steps to pass this request on to any such Third Parties with whom we have shared your Personal Data.
8. Your rights
If you are concerned or have any questions about your Personal Data and provided you are able to prove your identity, you have the right to request access and information with respect to your Personal Data, which the Organizers holds or processes about you. We will then provide you with information about the Personal Data that is being processed and on the source of such Personal Data.
Right of rectification and right of erasure
You have the right to request us, free of charge, to correct, erase or block any inaccuracies in your Personal Data if such Personal Data would be incomplete, inaccurate or processed unlawfully.
You have the right to request us, free of charge, to erase all your Personal Data collected, stored and processed by us, without unreasonable delay.
Right to object to data processing
You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data by the Organizers at any time.
We may solely use your Personal Data to contact you through mail to suggest certain user opportunities that might be interesting to you and/or for direct marketing purposes in the event that you have explicitly consented hereto. If you have consented hereto in the past, and you no longer want to receive suggestions and/or direct marketing through mail, you may at any time unsubscribe.
Withdraw consent at any time
You have the right to withdraw your personal data where we are relying on consent to process it. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Making a complaint
If you are not satisfied with how the Organizers manages your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Authority in Belgium. The contact details for the Data Protection Authority, the data protection regulator in Belgium, are available on the Data Protection Authority’s website. Where your Personal Data has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
- Start-up Survival BVBA: by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Start-up Survival BVBA, Maaltebruggestraat 169, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium;
- Vlerick Business School: by e-mail at email@example.com or by writing to Vlerick Business School, Attn. Data Knowledge Centre, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium.
9. Data retention and deletion
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the Purpose we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.[SV1]
The length of time we retain your Personal Data is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws. We determine the period of retention of your Personal Data based on the following criteria:
- Retention in case of queries. We will retain your Personal Data in case of queries from you, including on behalf of an organization for whom you work.
- Retention in case of claims. We will retain certain of your Personal Data for the period in which you or a Third Party might bring claims against us.
- Retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. We will carefully consider whether we need to retain your Personal Data after the period described above in case of a legal or regulatory requirement.
The exceptions to the above are where:
- you exercise your right to require us to retain your Personal Data for a period longer than our stated retention period;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your Personal Data, in which case we will retain your Personal Data until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your Personal Data for a longer or shorter period.
When we no longer need your personal data, we securely delete or destroy it.
In any event the Organizers ensure that any and all of your Personal Data will be deleted within thirty (30) calendar days following such deletion request.
[SV1]Voor programma’s is dit niet toelaatbaar.
10. Third Party websites or applications
You acknowledge and agree that certain content or services provided by Third Parties may be made available to you through the Website. You agree that such linked content or services may have their own privacy policies for which the Organizers cannot be held responsible. The Organizers do not in any way review or endorse the privacy practices of such Third Parties.